"I got bison meat"
Benjamin Smith, better known as Young Seagull, is an American warehouse worker, rapper, and producer signed to Flex Entertainment. Young Seagull worked in addiction treatment for 5 years, but left the field in January of 2022. Young Seagull has been signed to Flex since June of 2020. His debut album, "Catharsis, and Other Ghost Stories" was released on March 12, 2020. He is best known for his hit song "Yak Killer."
Seagull was a committed member of rival label Icy Records, before leaving to join Flex many months later. Though he originally struggled to fit in, many members of the community began to warm up to him, with his hype building up considerably in late 2020 and early 2021, as many began to appreciate his originality and lyricism. He quickly became an avid feature artist, making his way onto a multitude of songs released by the label, with numerous appearances on Flex Gang, vol. 3 for example.
In February 2021, Seagull announced his first album under Flex Entertainment, Russell, which released on April 9, 2021. Seagull's second album under Flex Entertainment, Rinderpest, was released on October 2, 2021. On March 23, 2022. he received three Flex Entertainment Gold plagues for his songs: "Ketaset", "Costco Drip" with Lil Squeaky, and "A Time Lapse of Crumbling Infrastructure."
- He is the oldest member of Flex Entertainment, at the age of 30.
- He attended college at Miami University in Ohio.￼
- He was the first Flex Entertainment member to chart on both the now defunct Icy Records Top 30 (later called the Billion Dollar Records Top 30) and the Flex Entertainment Hot 100.
- Seagull is also the only Flex Entertainment member to make it onto both the Flex Entertainment Freshman list and the Icy Records Freshman list.
- He is known for his love of Bison Burgers.
- He is a pioneer of the currently unstudied and unknown style of rapping known as "chemical rap"
- A former addict, Seagull has been sober since 01/01/2016 and credits "outsider music" as an important factor in his journey.